WHY VIGILANCE XPRESS ?
Why a Data Mart or Data Warehouse ?
A Data Mart (or Data Warehouse) -based Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure is a 'best practice' strategy for converting transactional data into a dimensional format optimized for reporting and analysis.
A subject-area specific Data Mart (Kimball approach) rapidly defined and deployed with VIGILANCE Xpress:
- provides data which is semantically and numerically consistent
- allows an organization to meet specific and unique user information needs
- allows for a "single version of the truth". Derived or calculated metrics can be placed in a data mart and available to users — without each user having to calculate the same metric — thus saving time and ensuring that "Revenue per Mile" or "Cost per Truckload" is consistent across the organization
- facilitates user independence via self-service reporting and analysis
- allows scarce Information Technology resources to be used on higher value add tasks and ROI projects
Fortune 1000 Strategy
A Data Mart (or Data Warehouse) -based Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure is typically preferred by and — because of the financial and technical resources (initially and ongoing) required — typically only afforable by, Fortune 1000 organizations.
VIGILANCE Xpress allows midsized organizations to realize the benefits of a Data Mart (or Data Warehouse) -based Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure without incurring the typical costs of such projects:
- A team of consultants is not required to assist in the design and development of a Data Mart. Instead, our library of pre-developed subject-area templates — for each ERP — and one of our support staff allows you to have a custom-designed and populated Data Mart in 3 to 5 days
- Because VIGILANCE Xpress is web-based it can be accessed with only a browser
- A user in the business department or someone in Information Technology spends only 5 minutes per day — on on ongoing basis — ensuring that all is well with their data
When compared to the traditional costs involved in the startup of a Data Warehouse project, and the dedicated staff required for maintenance — it's easy to see how VIGILANCE Xpress significantly lowers costs !